Monday, December 1, 2008

our thanksgiving vacation

We have been looking forward to thanksgiving Since May when my Parents got there mission call to be site missionaries in Nauvoo..  We decided to make a great vacation out of the thanksgiving holiday..  We took the kids out of school early and headed out to visit family and friends... We have been excited to see mom and dad in action and we were not disappointed..  They housed us and fed us and took us around Nauvoo and showed us what they do at each site they work in. Dad is showing us how they make their rugs out of rags.. We even got to see him take the rugs off and restring the loom..  What time consuming work stringing all the threads and making sure they are all in the right place..

This is mom telling us about the little school and how they were taught to read and write..
I think that the highlight of our trip was to see mom and dad sing and dance in the little play that they put on called rendezvous.  There were enough people there that they did it twice in one night..  This is mom at a relief society meeting..
This is Dad playing Dr. Stout and trying to take this crazy women to the crazy house..  I don't think that I have laughed that hard for a while..
Mom and Dad were the greeters and welcomed everyone to the show and began with a song..  They also ended the show with a big thank you and a wave good bye.
It is a very interesting thing to watch your parent do something that you never imagined them doing... They were wonderful and it was fun to watch them entertain and have a good time.  I am so lucky to have such great parents that are such a great example to me and my family..  I love you Mom and Dad..  Thanks for a great vacation...

2 comments:

Jenn & Kiddos said...

What a great vacation! Looks like you guys had a great time. How exciting for your parents to be in Nauvoo! I have always wanted to go there and check things out!

Crystal Star said...

Janae- How fun. Your parents look like they've been doing this for years! What a great trip. I bet you are exhausted!!!