


so i have spent the last two weeks canning, and oh have I missed it!! it's long and hard but oh so worth it!! These aren't even the half of what we did!! mom, A and I spent 4 days canning from morning to late evening. We did tomatoe soup and juice and whole tomatoes. we did pears and pear jam and we bottled a bunch of chicken and pork with garlic... yum yum you just could not beat the smell!!! It was also case lot sale time at Macy so I was able to stock up on alot of the basics... when I got home I had 2 more boxes of pears waiting. I got those bottled with R's help an I will pick up 2 boxes of peaches next week!! It feels like such an accomplishment to see all those bottles of food and know that my family has great food at there fingertips!! Thanks to mom and A for there help we had a lot of fun and it included alot of laughter!! I think all together we bottles 81 quarts of soup 62 quarts of juice 58 pints of whole tomatoes 42 ish quarts of pears 12 pints jam and 24 quarts of chicken / pork!! I got 46 quarts of pears done when I got home and hope to get that many of peaches!! After 11 years of canning a little here and there I think we did good!!
Congrats to all the family runners and there completion of their marathons!! we are very proud of you and keep up the good work!!

5 comments:
You make me tired!!!! I canned for a couple years and my back and feet hurt sooooo bad!!! I like Macys...BUT, when we have to live off our food storage, I'm coming to YOUR house!!! See you soon!!
Are you kidding me???? WOW!!! You are one amazing chica!
Wow!! I'm impressed:)
Seriously Janae---that is so stinkin impressive! Way to go girley! That IS an accomplishment!
OK now my 13 pints of salsa seem pitiful!!! That is a TON of food!! You are amazing♥
Post a Comment